Find out all about me, and the therapy I offer here.
I have been working in the field of talking therapies for 13 years and I have been a holistic cognitive hypnotherapist for 10. Before that I had a fulfilling career as a primary school teacher, and as a primary consultant for my borough, training other teachers.
About Me and Therapy
So what is it about me that brought me to the world of therapy? Well, like many people who love to help others, I have benefited from therapy at different times in my life.
I had been living with chronic pain from an auto-immune condition since my twenties, and one day, it occurred to me, that my white blood cells were attacking my own body, causing inflammation and pain. I realised that if my body could make this, my body could also fix it! It was just a case of communicating with those cells to help them know that!
And so began a quest to learn as much as I could about the mind-body connection. I am fascinated by somatic psychology and how the mind and body can influence each other in positive ways.
About My Approach
I am always learning, and part of that evolution has been the interest in the mind-body and spirit connection. I am currently working on bringing intuitive healing therapies into my work. This is so I can offer them in conjunction with hypnotherapy and provide a more holistic experience for my clients.
I draw upon a range of skills and methodologies to help you find the best solution or pathway for yourself. I encourage you to be the master of your own journey, and resume control of what ever situation you are in. This is true whether you wish to release yourself from a fear or phobia, or increase your confidence in any area of your life. Each person's quest is specific to them, so I treat each case as an exploration. Using this exploratory approach means that I help you as an individual and tailor the sessions to your needs.
I my spare time I enjoy walking in the forest, cooking for my family, exploring new places, socialising and learning!
You can read more about me in this blog post: A Little Bit About Me
About My Qualifications
MNCH (Reg), DipCHyp, HPD, NLP MPrac, BA (Hons), PGCE
I trained in NLP with PPD Learning, one of the world's leading NLP training institutes, and in Cognitive Hypnotherapy with the world renowned Quest Institute. My trainers include Trevor Silvester, Judith Lowe, Robert Dilts, Judith DeLozier and Charles Faulkner and Joseph O'Connor. I am constantly learning, reading and honing my skills.
My qualifications are:
- BA(Hons) - Bachelor's degree in English and History, University of Surrey
- PGCE -Post Graduate Certicate of Education, Middlesex University
- DipCHyp - Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy, The Quest Institute
- HPD - Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, The Quest Institute
- NLP (MPrac) - Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, PPD Learning
- NLP (MPrac) - The Quest Institute
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) EFTTA
- EMI X, EMDR (Eye Movement Integration, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
- Confident Childbirth Hypnobirthing Practitioner
- Relax Kids Coach
- Reiki Level s 1&2, Angelic Reiki Levels 1&2
- comply with their strict code of conduct and ethics and public protection policies
- am committed to Continued Professional Development to update my skills and knowledge regularly
- also fully insured and hold a current DBS certificate.
I also love to talk, so if you have further questions about how I can help you, do get in touch.
Ready to find out more?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call Me on 07961 389 030